New Eden - Flies New Eden - Flies

This has made a ton of improvements since the last episode.

Two things I particularly like about this episode:
-You know your medium and took full advantage of this being a "for the internet" cartoon. That said you can get away with more risque things. What I like is you did this without being overt, distasteful, or overtly thickheaded (lol) about it. You themed around low brow humor without being just awful like many things are.

-Two, your delivery is getting much better. I liked that this one was full of a few good jokes, but not that "talky". You struck a good balance and the slapstick is getting better.

-Mat

NewEdenseries responds:

Thanks so much! Great to hear!

Cooking with Gandalf Cooking with Gandalf

I get the shock humor, I'm not going to say one way or the other because tv sitcom standard has been using the "arguing like an old married couple" -> ""sketch"ual tension" bit forEVERRRR. But! I did have a problem with the Scene.

Their lips don't touch. In fact their character graphics dont seem to touch at all in that scene. With such skilled character animation -- I've seen your tutorials jazza and am thoroughly impressed -- I was shocked that the characters who are supposedly touching have Gandalf's head go behind Saruman's like a cardboard cutout. I know it isn't an aversion or hiding of skill, as later Gollum interacts with the fish quite fluidly. So, this just seems lazy to me and it broke the immersion of the cartoon. Like seeing a character fake a punch in a movie, it just kinda messed up the flow. Especially for a shock joke, it made it less shocking because I didn't believe it and got distracted. I get the gist though. Good work, and maybe commit a little more to your shockers ;D
-Mat

Monochrome Art Collab Monochrome Art Collab

Excellent results

I'm extremely pleased with how this collab turned out. I'm also glad that you included mine. Good job you guys and congrats on putting it together!

P.S. I liked how you organized it chromatically. It's very quaint.