New Eden - Flies New Eden - Flies

This has made a ton of improvements since the last episode.

Two things I particularly like about this episode:
-You know your medium and took full advantage of this being a "for the internet" cartoon. That said you can get away with more risque things. What I like is you did this without being overt, distasteful, or overtly thickheaded (lol) about it. You themed around low brow humor without being just awful like many things are.

-Two, your delivery is getting much better. I liked that this one was full of a few good jokes, but not that "talky". You struck a good balance and the slapstick is getting better.

-Mat

NewEdenseries responds:

Thanks so much! Great to hear!

Cooking with Gandalf Cooking with Gandalf

I get the shock humor, I'm not going to say one way or the other because tv sitcom standard has been using the "arguing like an old married couple" -> ""sketch"ual tension" bit forEVERRRR. But! I did have a problem with the Scene.

Their lips don't touch. In fact their character graphics dont seem to touch at all in that scene. With such skilled character animation -- I've seen your tutorials jazza and am thoroughly impressed -- I was shocked that the characters who are supposedly touching have Gandalf's head go behind Saruman's like a cardboard cutout. I know it isn't an aversion or hiding of skill, as later Gollum interacts with the fish quite fluidly. So, this just seems lazy to me and it broke the immersion of the cartoon. Like seeing a character fake a punch in a movie, it just kinda messed up the flow. Especially for a shock joke, it made it less shocking because I didn't believe it and got distracted. I get the gist though. Good work, and maybe commit a little more to your shockers ;D
-Mat

Monochrome Art Collab Monochrome Art Collab

Excellent results

I'm extremely pleased with how this collab turned out. I'm also glad that you included mine. Good job you guys and congrats on putting it together!

P.S. I liked how you organized it chromatically. It's very quaint.

Deponia Deponia

Good game but I found a bug in the tutorial:

I got the blue and yellow socks, put them in the boiling pot, and used the fork -- not having found the green sock. This gave me a pair of green socks, even though it said one was lost, and it used my oil can for some reason, making it so I cannot get the provisions or continue on, and now I have to start over.

Good game otherwise

Boundless Boundless

You should consider submitting this for the stencyl jam contest if that is still going on. (I dont know if it is)

2 things: I had an error in the tutorial where my guy would die on starting for no reason.
Also, you might want to consider putting basic controls up in the black space during the main game just for a refresher in case someone wants to skip the tutorial anyways. just like (arrow keys to move, s to shoot) and just leave it there for the first 10 seconds or so.

GeoPro responds:

Thats a really nice idea, that way I can scrap the tutorial altogether rather than fix it, thanks

The Movefastinator The Movefastinator

I really like this game. The transitions after dying were perfect. I didn't get frustrated with loss and completing the puzzles was very gratifying. I wish games like this weren't so same-themed, but maybe I just didn't get far enough through it before I had to stop for work. Good job!

Primeval Prance Primeval Prance

Pretty Accurate

It was really cool how you got the complex syncopation of the eucalyptus clave sound in there, but I think it either needed a couple more elements or a better sample/recording of the didjerido! (i play didj and know it is a beast to record, so I understand, but we're being critical here :<) anyways, good job and good luck in RAC5

whitesymphonia responds:

Yea, I had hell with the didj. It was so hard to figure out. Took me so long to figure out, plus it's my first time using Fruit Loops, so had to figure that out too xD. Yea, I probably could've used some more percussion. Pretty much limited when using instruments from australia.

Thanks!

Exquisite Corpse 2 Exquisite Corpse 2

Woot!

I am super psyched to be able to participate in something like this. Although, I had to compensate for a crappy with mic with effects, the glissandi in the beginning surprisingly fit :D awesome job to everyone who participated! the ending song was pretty sweet in how some pieces across genre were meant for each other. You really can't predict how some of this stuff will come together.

Rig responds:

And that's what makes it so awesome :D

First Musings - v2 First Musings - v2

Nice String and Reed Piece

I really like the clarinet leading on this piece. Now I can't tell if you doubled the melody on oboe too (crappy headphones), but the give and take between the lead and the bassoon backing was really good. The only criticism I have is that the the melody line didn't break once it started. So the natural breathing of the piece was lost until about 1:35 when it achieved a relaxed clarity. Otherwise, It was really enjoyable.

loansindi responds:

Hey, thanks for the review, and I'm glad you liked it. If you want to hear the 'finished' version of this song, check out my submission 'musingsthefirst.'

Me and my sisters in Ooo Me and my sisters in Ooo

I never thought of adapting the AT style of stills. Since it is such a fluid, rubbery animation style it didn't occur to me. Very nice, I'd like to see a little gif action if you choose to do their style again, might add something. But I don't know that for sure :O.

Wakfu Sacrier Wakfu Sacrier

That belt looks pokey.

Also, lovely skin tone. Good job! :D

The Calm before the Storm The Calm before the Storm

Don't beat me up please.

I like the use of color vs texture in this. The blue in the bottom right -- my perspective -- of the uniform verses the rustier tones in the left. Very nice. :)

Side note, what is the mark on her right eye signify?

ZaneZansorrow responds:

The mark on the eye is just for random warrior-like design purposes. Thanks for the review :)